eXtension is pleased to host the first eXtension National Conference bringing together everyone involved in and interested in eXtension for exciting keynote speakers, concurrent breakout sessions, networking, round table discussions, formal and informal presentations and more on how to effectively inform, educate, and engage online customers.
Conference Program (print version) (6 MB, pdf)
October 20-23, 2009
Sheraton Westport Plaza Tower Hotel & Lakeside Chalet
St. Louis MO
Goals: Higher education, in general, and land grant universities, specifically, needs to better understand how to evolve to remain an effective and usable resource for those we serve. Stretching beyond our comfort levels, we must understand the trends and directions of society and how people currently and into the future choose to engage and access our educational products and services.
- take a long term look at global, cultural, and technological trends and how they will affect Cooperative Extension and eXtension programming
- learn what online customers are looking for, the choices they make, how they define success, and how such behavior will impact Cooperative Extension and eXtension
- learn how to collaborate effectively across institutions and disciplinary areas and how to build dynamic and high performing virtual communities
- learn what’s needed to support effective Communities of Practice; identify organizational barriers and how to deal with them; and discover the role administrators and program leaders can play to “orchestrate” success
- learn how to derive value at the local level through participation in eXtension
- develop linkages between local and/or state initiatives and eXtension’s national focus
- explore potential corporate development options and how they can be leveraged to maximize both private and public resources